Monday, January 25, 2021

You know you have a puppy when...

 ...you're standing outside in your bathrobe at 7 am waiting for a tiny puppy to "go potty" so that you can get back inside where it's warm. Said puppy is more interested in wandering around, sniffing, picking up leaves, stopping and scratching his collar, etc. But patience is a virtue, and victory is (finally) mine!

I can't help but think, "Here I am again, starting over with a new pup.” It's wonderful and terrifying and exhausting all at once. My hair is not washed. My home is strewn with toys and other puppy-related detritus. The other dogs are adjusting. My socks probably don't match. And I wouldn't trade it for the world. 

I'm going to continue blogging about my daily efforts at "Raising Pico," but for now, please welcome the newest member of the Sidekick family!

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1I6Z7OgZRZdCTHHnZ8XZjTE9ydPmnvKGe

Pico de Gallo, approximately 13 weeks old, Chihuahua (mix?), arrived home Friday 1/22/2021, adopted from local rescue Saving Great Animals

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Im in the same boat. New puppy Clark will be joining puppy school in February.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Pico! Great name btw! Now you need a Taco to go with it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you and Pico! Welcome to stardom Pico, you will have many admirers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Our house is a disaster all the time but I don't sweat it. Welcome little Pico!

    ReplyDelete